The Meeting Agenda
The agenda is document
that is circulated in advance to all prospective meeting participants
and which serves the following purposes:
- Notice of meeting- The agenda serves as a notice of meeting if it is sent out to
meeting participants in advance.
- List of items/topics
- The agenda is a list of topics that will be discussed. The
agenda enables participants to prepare in advance for the
topics so that they can make a more valuable contribution.
- Prioritise meeting discussion
- Topics that are of greatest importance should be placed first
on the agenda. In this way the agenda prioritise meeting discussion
- Briefs meeting participants
- If the agenda includes items with which are unfamiliar to
the meetings participants, the agenda item should be
followed by some brief information as to what the item is
- Limits discussion
- The agenda helps the meeting chairperson to make best use
of the time available. The agenda may have an amount of time
stated for each item. Otherwise some topics may receive too
much time and others too little.
For a formal monthly Committee Meeting
Copyright and Disclaimer | About the author Leo Isaac | Email Webmaster